Pre-Apprenticeship Training Opportunities
- Alaska Job Center Health Care Apprenticeship Orientation: http://jobs.alaska.gov/jobfairs/ - Listed under Workshops and Seminars
- Health Care Pre-Apprenticeship PATH Academies: Monthly week-long hands-on training
State and Federal Workforce Programs
You may qualify for help with training costs, transportation, child care, etc. if you are eligible under a state or federally-funded workforce program such as the State Training and Employment Program (STEP) or the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Please contact your local Job Center for more information.
Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS)
If you earned an APS and have not exceeded your eligibility, you may be able to use your APS to help pay for some of the costs of a Registered Apprenticeship -- if they are not covered by other resources -- including books, tool, uniforms, transportation, or training fees. Contact the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education for more information.
For more information on registered apprenticeship:
- Health Care Opportunities Mailing List – sign up here!
- Alaska Registered Apprenticeship
- Alaska HOSA – Future Health Professionals
- National Apprenticeship Week
- USDOL Apprenticeship
- Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Jackie Garcia, Apprenticeship Coordinator
- USDOL Alaska Office of Apprenticeship